Prior to her school visits, I’m pretty sure Amy pulled Tilly aside and whispered, “Hey Tills, be a pal and act like a total shit-stick so that I will look angelic by comparison”. Because during 3 x vists to Amy’s 2016 school (if they’ll still take her), Tilly has:
- Trashed the classroom nativity scene
- Run off with the teacher’s permanent marker
- Yelled “It’s POOS!” when the teacher held up a picture of potatoes and asked the class what it was
- Performed an expressive dance in the middle of the orderly circle the children had formed during mat time
- Smashed a glass
- Up-ended jigsaw puzzles
- Inexplicably started chanting “All Blacks! All Blacks! All Blacks!” while running around the classroom as the other children studiously made Christmas cards
- Pulled apart a wooden rainbow
- Taken a bite out of a glue stick at the craft table.
Meanwhile, Amy has been folding her arms, sitting nicely, singing along to class songs, and shooting warning looks at her delinquent little sister.